Hoppringle,an old baronial fortalice in Stow parish, Edinburghshire, on the right bank of Gala Water, opposite Crookston, 1½ mile NNW of Fountainhall station. It is now reduced to slender remains, yet shows evidence of having been a strong and important place; and it commands an extensive view. It was the original seat of the Hoppringle or Pringle family.” (Ordinance Survey, sh. 25, 1865.) From the Statistical Account.
News stories from a local newspaper, outlining the destruction of Hoppringle Hill: